page top

UVM Newman Club

Add to bookbag Add to Bookbag | Bookbag (0)

Item Description

Title: UVM Newman Club

Photographer

  • McAllister, L. L. (Louis L.), 1877-1963

Source Document

Extent: 1 image

Publisher: University of Vermont, Bailey/Howe Library, Special Collections

Description

1951 photo of the UVM Newman Club, which today is known as the Catholic Center at UVM. Newman Clubs (named after John Henry Cardinal Newman) provided spiritual guidance and social activities to Catholic students at secular colleges. At the time of this photo, which appears in the 1953 Ariel (UVM yearbook), the home of the Newman Club was at 118 Pearl St. The priest pictured here is Fr. William R. Mulligan. Seated next to him is faculty adviser Catherine F. Nulty, a professor in the UVM Education department. Photo #46.

Genre(s): photographs, black-and-white photographs

Subject/topic

Subject/name

Subject/geographic

Type of Resource: still image

Parent Collections

Access Conditions

For usage rights related to this resource please visit: http://cdi.uvm.edu/rights/
More information.

Permanent Link:

http://cdi.uvm.edu/collections/item/mcalB20F16i01

Preferred citation

UVM Newman Club, Special Collections, University of Vermont Library, http://cdi.uvm.edu/collections/item/mcalB20F16i01 (accessed September 23, 2014)

Add a comment:

*

* Optional

User Comments