page top

Search Results

Your search for * [ in Keyword ] returned 223 results.

Bookbag (0)

Browse Options

Collection(s)

Creator(s)

Place(s)

More...

Genre(s)

Topic(s)

More...

Browsing by:    Topic: ("Boats and boating") remove term

Add to bookbag

Title:   Lake Champlain - west bank 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Lake Champlain 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Row boat on Lake Champlain 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Maquam 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Banksville steamer 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Boats at Vergennes dock 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Naptha Launch 

Resource type:   color slides

Interior of steamboat 


Add to bookbag

Title:   Naptha Launch 

Resource type:   color slides

Interior of boat owned by William G. Bixby. 


Add to bookbag

Title:   Champlain Tercentenary 1909 

Date:  1909-07-03

Resource type:   color slides

Vergennes Vt. July 3 1909 


Add to bookbag

Title:   Hickok's 

Date:  1895

Resource type:   color slides

Hickok's Dock and Hickok's Point. Picture taken 1895. Hickok's Point is about midway between Ft. Cassin and Basin Harbor on the Vermont side. Hickok's served as a landing place for the "Water Lily" and the "Nellie" on their trips to Vergennes and Westport. Other landings on this route were Ft. Cassin, Kimballs, Mile Point, Basin Harbor, with the occasional landings at Higginson's Harbor and Barn Rock on the N.Y. side. 


Add to bookbag

Title:   Split Rock 

Resource type:   color slides

Lake Champlain Split Rock 


Add to bookbag

Title:   Lake photo 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Lake photo 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Vergennes Falls 1850 

Date:  1850

Resource type:   color slides

Vergennes was incorporated a city in 1788. There was a sawmill at The Falls as early as 1765. In 1766, Donald MacIntosh, a soldier under Wolfe at Quebec, erected a cabin below the Falls and high up on the North bank. He became the first permanent settler, dying in Vergennes in 1803. The Falls, with a drop of about 35 feet has furnished power to many industries since the first sawmill of 1765 and those shown in the engraving of 1850 gave some idea of the business around them at the that time. The picture does not include all the mills as there were many on the North bank which are not shown. The name "Robinson Del" in the lower right hand corner of the engraving may refer to Rowland T. Robinson as he was a capable artist in addition to being a famous Vermont writer. 


Add to bookbag

Title:   Ancient cut of Vergennes Falls 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Otter Creek 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Otter Creek Falls 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Below the Falls 

Resource type:   color slides

The Wharf Vergennes Vt. 


Add to bookbag

Title:   Summer Camp 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Launch at Summer Camp 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Launch at Summer Camp 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Gladys Launch at Summer Camp 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Launch at Summer Camp 

Resource type:   color slides


Add to bookbag

Title:   Vergennes Bicentennial 1988 

Date:  1988

Resource type:   color slides